Meet the team behind XIB
CFA – Co-Founder / Portfolio Manager
- Sean brings over 10 years of capital markets and investing experience to XIB Asset Management through his prior work as an M&A investment banker, institutional equity sales professional, and part of the investment team at a globally recognized hedge fund.
- In addition to his role at XIB Asset Management, Sean is also a Principal and Co-Founder of XIB Financial Inc., a capital markets and M&A advisory firm.
- Sean is a CFA Charterholder and has a Bachelor of Business Administration, majoring in finance and human resource from the University of New Brunswick.
Co-Founder / President
- Prior to XIB, Peter held senior roles on the institutional equity sales desk at CIBC, where he was responsible for covering global hedge fund clients. Prior to equity sales, Peter was a member of CIBC’s industry leading M&A investment banking group.
- In addition to his role at XIB Asset Management, Peter is also a Principal and Co-Founder of XIB Financial Inc., a capital markets and M&A advisory firm.
- Peter graduated Magna Cum Laude from York University and received the Overall Excellence Award (majoring in finance and accounting). He also holds the Chartered Investment Manager (CIM) designation.
- Prior to XIB, Chris spent over 10 years working at one of North America’s largest and award-winning asset management companies, RBC Global Asset Management (“GAM”), where he specialized in North American Equities.
- Chris began his career at GAM trading and scaling up the derivatives business to become one of the largest and most active in Canada. After 4 years, he moved on to become a multi-sector Senior Analyst focusing on high growth and dividend paying companies for both GAM and Phillips Hager & North with assets under management totalling over $3.5 billion.
- Chris graduated from McGill with an Honours degree in International Relations and Economics and holds the Chartered Investment Manager (CIM) designation.
CFA – Portfolio Manager
- Joel is a Portfolio Manager at XIB Asset Management and represents the firm in Western Canada.
- He brings a specialized knowledge of small-cap investing insight from over 10 years of capital markets, corporate development, and transaction advisory experience.
- Joel’s professional pedigree includes roles in merchant banking, investment banking, and institutional investor relations.
- Prior to joining XIB, Joel was most recently Vice President at a Canadian boutique brokerage in the technology and diversified investment banking coverage group.
- Ted has 15 years of capital markets, corporate finance and transaction advisory experience.
- Prior to joining XIB, Ted was most recently a Vice President at Credit Suisse as a member of the diversified industries investment banking coverage group.
- Ted holds an MBA degree from the University of Western Ontario’s Richard Ivey School of Business and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree in Economics from Queen’s University.
CPA, CA – Chief Financial Officer
- Michael brings extensive financial reporting and corporate finance expertise to XIB Asset Management through various roles in investment banking and professional services in Canada.
- Through the start of his career as an associate at KPMG LLP, Michael gained extensive experience in the financial reporting and controls of domestic and international clients across a variety of industries. After obtaining his CPA designation, Michael specialized in Audit and Advisory for offshore companies reporting and structuring within PWC’s Bermuda office.
- Prior to joining XIB, Michael worked in Investment Banking at National Bank Financial in the Financial Institutions Group, providing Financial Advisory services to large and mid-cap Canadian financial institutions.
- Michael holds a Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies with a specialization in finance from the Western University and is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA Canada).
CFA – Chief Compliance Officer
- Adam brings over 10 years of investment fund experience across Compliance, Operations and Client Services.
- He began his career with a range of progressive roles at Fidelity Investments Canada and Macquarie Bank in Sydney, Australia, with a focus on investor servicing, cash management and investment controls.
- Prior to becoming responsible for all aspects of regulatory and compliance at XIB, Adam held notable leadership roles as the Chief Compliance Officer at Lincluden Investment Management Limited, and Vice President, Operations at Waratah Capital Advisors Ltd.
- Adam is a CFA Charterholder and graduated from the University of Waterloo with an Honours degree in Mathematics.
About the Fund
Learn more about the Fund and its performance
Get in touch to learn how to invest
Subscribe for updates
Stay up to date on Fund Performance from XIB Asset Management